- Develop a Search Engine Optimization marketing strategy that would work best for locations in Canada.
- Oversee the execution of our onsite Search Engine Optimization plan for their network of websites, including the corporate and store locator websites.
- Execute local SEO strategy to improve rankings and search performance.
- Manage the data for over 1,600 individual stores on Google My Business and other platforms such as Facebook, Bing, Foursquare, and Yelp.
- Optimize over 1,600 business listings and increase search visibility.
- Monitor and fix data inaccuracies and errors across the web for individual locations.
- Manage the online reviews left by customers on the Google My Business locations of Couche-Tard and Mac's.
The below screenshot shows the clicks to Couche-Tard's website from Google Search within Google Search Console (a tool provided by Google to monitor and manage your website on Google Search). From January 2018 - June 2018, you can see the significant increase of clicks growing each month.
The below screenshot looks at the first quarter of 2019 and compares it to the same period in 2018 within Google Search Console. Looking at January 2019 - March 2019 compared to January 2018 - March 2018, there was an 80% increase in clicks from Google Search to Couche-Tard's website. The dotted line represents 2018, and the solid line represents 2019. This shows that even the second year into the campaign we were able to the continue online growth over 2018 and 2017.
The total number of impressions (views) of Couche-Tard's website on Google Search doubled year-on-year with an increase of 107%!
The most important factor in any local SEO campaign is the performance on the locations on Google My Business. Google My Business is the platform where businesses location data is managed. When users perform localized searches on Google or Google Maps, data from Google My Business will be shown to them. Throughout our SEO campaign for Couche-Tard and Mac's stores, we have shown growth each month, year-on-year.
Below is pre-campaign data from January 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017 vs January 1, 2018 - June 30, 2018 (9 months into the SEO campaign).
Circle K Google Maps
Increase in visibility on Google Maps
Circle K Google Search
More Phone Calls
Circle K Monitor
Increase in Website visits
Circle K Google Search
More requests for directions on Google Maps locations.
Our partnership with Marketing Bangkok started in 2017. We were looking for a partner who could help us define our SEO strategy. Over the past two years, the team has put in place a robust strategy to maximize the visibility of our 8,000 stores across North America. The results so far have been impressive. In addition to it, the team always puts the client’s needs first and it’s a real pleasure collaborating with them. They have become an extension of our team.
Manager Global Brands, Circle K